Friday 23 January 2009

Morwenna - a start

Believe it or not, this is my third attempt at blogging. The first two went horribly wrong. All I can say is thank god I can touch type!

Have got underway with my series of small paintings dealing with issues relating to women. 'Contraception' is going quite well, I'm considering 'Periods, 'Domestic Abuse' is almost figured out, while ................ 'Devorse', what can I say - oh dear - some things were never meant to be.

'Women' as a subject has got to be more interesting than 'Men'. Being one myself, I can empathise, after all it's supposed to be what we're good at. We have the whole raging hormone thing going on from puberty and years of PMT then possibly PNT and finally there's menopause. Self image, another huge subject to beat yourself up about or, if you'd rather - domestic abuse, drugs, fertility, ageing - I will attempt to go there. Needless to say there will be a great deal of angst along the way while I wrestle with not wanting to appear too obvious or to offend in any way............

I really hope it works this time as my typing aint that good!

See you all tomorrow.

No comments: